When you want to buy a storage container, deciding what type to purchase will be challenging. A familiar person can buy many kinds of containers from the market. Here, I have listed ten storage and SCF shipping containers types, mainly for personal and commercial use.
- A shipping container is made from a steel frame covered by insulated panels with double flooring. They have doors on each side so that people can load or unload material like any standard truck or caravan.
- A storage container is constructed with an insulated steel frame with doors on each side. As it takes up much less room than the SCF shipping containers, it can be brought to a site and be quickly assembled over a weekend, thus allowing for quick action when needed. These containers are used for domestic use for things such as moving house or contractors using them as workshops.
- An industrial shipping container is a large unit of pre-built steel or alu-plate structure with hardened walls and roofs used to transport goods (road, sea, or air freight). There are two main types of shipping containers: standard containers and reefer containers.
- A Hi cube container is an enormous variation of the standard intermodal container. These are used for transporting goods by road. They are 9ft 6in (2.9m) wide and 8ft 6in (2.6m) high and have an internal length of 20ft (6.1m).
- Open-top containers have no top structure, so they can only be loaded or unloaded from the side of the container, which leads to possible damage in transit as there is nothing to protect the goods from being damaged as they move around inside the container unless filler bags are used to fill in any gaps between sides and tops of the box.
- Open-sided containers have no side structure; they only have a top so that the container can be loaded or unloaded from the top.
- Flat rack containers are used for light loads and are popular with many DIY stores. They have open tops and sides.
- Flush-deck containers are the same as above, except they are raised on a deck.
- Sides-open containers have a top and sides…. but with only four sides… making it possible for one person to load/unload them.
- A “container” is also known as an “enclosed wagon.” It is a special kind of mobile building made of steel that can be moved from place to place. These wagons can hold goods, people, and animals and are especially popular in developing countries such as Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
These are the most commonly used types of SCF shipping containers. If you have decided what you’d like to use your storage and shipping containers for, you should have a better idea of what kind to purchase.